Effective June 8, 2015
- What information we collect and how we collect it.
- How we use and share that information.
- The choices we offer you to control the collection, use and sharing of information.
- How to contact us if you have questions or complaints.
Information we collect
We collect information in order to provide excellent service to our business partners. We may collect this information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We will collect your personal information if you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, you might fill out a survey, execute an insertion order or purchase order, or provide your contact information to us in person, over the phone or by e-mail. This personal information could include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, tax identification number, credit card information, bank account information or telephone number.
- Information we get from your use of our website. We may collect information about visitors to our website. This information includes:
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect as reasonably necessary for our corporate functions. This includes carrying out our contractual obligations, if you are a supplier or customer.
We may also solicit future business with you, unless you have requested otherwise. By providing your personal information to us, you agree that such act constitutes an inquiry and/or application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (16 CFR 310 et seq.), as amended from time to time and other telemarketing laws or rules. Notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, we reserve the right to contact you via telemarketing in accordance with the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule.
We do not have business partners age 12 or under, therefore we will never knowingly collect any personal information about children age 12 or under. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child age 12 or under, that information will be immediately deleted from our database.
We process personal information on our servers in many countries around the world, including the United States. We may transfer your personal information to the United States.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
As a visitor to our website, you can disable cookies by changing the settings in your browser, but if you do so, you will not be able to use all the features and functionality of our website.
We may send e-mails to our business partners from time to time. You can opt out of these e-mails by sending a message to email@example.com .
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of [a•mo•bee] unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- For external processing. We may disclose your personal information to third party service providers and vendors in order to effect or carry out any transaction that you have requested from us or as necessary to complete our contractual obligations with you. This includes e-mail service providers, providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, and data enhancement, suppression and validation services. Adconion contractually prohibits the sale or transfer of personal information by such service providers and vendors.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of [a•mo•bee] if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, reputation, property or safety of [a•mo•bee], our clients, our consumers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If your personal information is wrong, we strive to allow you to update it quickly or to delete it, unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it wouldrequire a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
If you are a California resident you have the right to request information regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for these requests.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Please be advised that, although we take reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our website is at your own risk.